Holiday Shopping| E-tailers | FB Apps & More
The initial purpose of this post is to help you save some “green”, be greener during the holidays, help save you some time, and save the environment by cutting down on your use of gasoline and emissions by driving all over the place for your holiday shopping. Consider making your own homemade holiday gifts as well. I would love to hear from others who have made their own unique gifts. I have sprinkled in some other social news below for additional holiday cheer.
By far, my favorite shopping App is Redlaser! It is a “Top 10 Must Have App for your IPhone” ―says The New York Times , “If you only have one shopping app on your cell Phone, this is the one to have.”― Digital Trends. I have used it for ALL of my holiday shopping both online and locally and have saved several hundred dollars already.
A Selection of Useful Holiday Shopping Tidbits:
- The TOP Online Shopping Comparison Websites
- 16 Unique and affordable gift sites
- Etsy.com for handmade gifts
- Facebook Adds a Grab Bag of Gift Partners (Mashable). As a part of a greater push into e-commerce, Facebook announced a whole slew of retail partnerships Thursday night at a press event held at the iconic FAO Schwarz toy store in New York City.
- Also, Boomerang Makes Social Gifting A Local Experience and
- Amazon Introduces Video Gift Cards
It’s Official: Facebook Apps Have a Share Button (AllFacebook). Users asked for it, and Facebook responded. The social network announced Thursday that its native applications for iOS and Android devices now include a share button. That means that folks using either app can now pass on their witty musings, puppy pictures or daddy daughter dance pictures to their online friends with a simple tap in their news feeds [Engadget]
There is now a BandPage Connect Plugs Bands Into Promoters, Fans, Facebook [AllFacebook}]
TechCrunch Facebook’s iOS users have long been able to tag friends in posts, but had to append them to the end of the update as “with [Drew Olanoff].” That made for some funky grammar, or redundancy if you needed to refer to a specific friend in the text of your update. Now you can tag friends in-line so your prose flows.
LA Times / Tech Now Additionally, Apple device users can now send each other Facebook messages with smileys and other icons from the emoji keyboard. The keyboard can be enabled in the iOS Settings app.
When Colleges Woo Students Through Social Media: Less Viewbooks, More Facebook (Time)
When Ashley Romero found out she had been accepted to the University of Georgia, it wasn’t through a letter in the mail. It wasn’t even by logging onto her computer and visiting Georgia’s admissions website. It was on her iPhone, as she and a friend were driving down the highway toward summer camp.
Who Mapped It Best During Election 2012? (CJR / Between the Spreadsheets). As CJR‘s Meta Newsroom showed, a glut of media outlets incorporated digital innovation into their reporting during the recent election. One resurfaced over and again: the map. For the outlets just dipping their toes into the data journalism sea, maps presented a relatively easy opportunity to make interactive. For the heavyweights, it was a chance to wade in much deeper.
Inside Social Apps - Developing & Monetizing on Social & Mobile Platforms, December 3 | New York City
Inside Social Apps brings together today’s leading developers of social and mobile apps and games for an intensive summit on the future of app and game growth and monetization on social and mobile platforms. Register now.
Morning Media Newsfeed Say they needs you! Send them your story tips, job changes, insider gossip, and all that other good stuff: firstname.lastname@example.org. More than 160,000 people in the media business read this email every day. To learn about advertising or other creative partnerships, contact Dave Arganbright at (212) 547-7931 or via email.
Looking for More Info? Try Here
- To Write or Not too Right?
- Holiday Shopping| E-tailers | FB Apps & More
- A Perspective on The Economy
- Newsweek Magazine to End an Era of Print
- Types of Blogs, Blog Resources, List of 200 Blogging Sites & Platforms
- The Power of Good News; One Person at a Time.
- News about Flurry: New Tool to Track Mobile Ad Campaign Storm
- Facebook Launches WordPress Tool
- The Penny Press in France & Le Petite Journal Illustre
- All Things Twitterfied
- Where to Find Archives of Newspapers (Online)
- List of Journalists Using Twitter
- Unlimited PR is a Certified Minority Owned Small Business!
- Hire a Veteran!
- Plastic Bags? Ban ‘em? Tax ‘em? Yes? No?
- March 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (5)
- January 2012 (3)
- December 2011 (1)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (2)
- September 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- March 2011 (2)
- February 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (1)
- June 2010 (5)
- May 2010 (2)
- March 2010 (2)
- February 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (3)
- December 2009 (3)
- October 2009 (6)