Hello to my friends, colleaques, Twitter followers and blog readers,
That picture to the left in this post is of me when I was a very young USAF service member (laughing at the hair, glasses or fashionable business suit is allowed-Gads).
There are more than 26 million veterans in the US. And, I am one of about 6 million women who served our country proudly. I served in the USAF in a technical capacitiy after the Vietnam war had just ended (more stats here). As you can see in the photo, I was the only female in my USAF training class, and I had to wear men’s cotten fatigues, shirts (and boots) which had to be starched each and every single day. BTW, check out the shine on those boots! After I graduated from tech school in Texas, I was shipped to England for a few years where I was one female out of about 90 men working at small communications switching site in England. A great deal has changed since those early days during my own personal experience as a military service member, and for the better for women I believe.
But, I do believe the women of our time who served learned early to work hard with the hope of contributing and making it in a tough environment. Below are some statistics about our veterans.
- Dept of VA stats on veterans http://www.va.gov/vetdata/Quick_Facts.asp
- Stats on our women vets,http://feminism.eserver.org/workplace/women-in-the-military.txt
- Stats about Vietnam http://www.veteranshour.com/vietnam_war_statistics.htm
Over the course of my life, I have continued to expand and hone my career relative to communications in some form or another as the times have changed, And, I have adapted with the changing times. Since signing up on Wordress.com, I’ve been providing a plethora of ad hock user generated content about social media and communication related topics for a couple of years now, because I really want to help people.
Today, I’d like to briefly introduce myself, as an emerging woman veteran-owned small business in the DC/Baltimore metro areas. With the economic downturn today, this recession is also a very tough environment, and doubly tough for an “mature” veteran trying to kick start her own business during a recession. And, some might think me a bit nuts for trying to do so.
Yep, I am taking the plunge. I filed for certification in MD as a MBE (OMG, their are coming to inspect my little office in 30 days!) I’ve registered in CCR.gov and with the VA. I am up an running with a small office space ready for business. Exhaling.
Is it too idyllic to have a dream where we can contrubute to making a difference in other people’s lives by helping other people, Veterans, businesses and agencies? I believe. And yes, I still believe that hard work and a hope in something better is what has always driven our economy, in a positive way (not scathing political rhetoric). I think you will find a similar integrity and sound work ethic in my commrads who have served, as well.
I’d appreciate it if you’d consideration hiring any Veteran, as well as other small Veteran-owned businesses. We really do know how to get the job done.
I am willing to provide consulting, 1099 and sub-contract support. Heck, at this stage I will simply take a few good hours of solid work to help your own small business persoanally. With a few hours of my time, I can be invaluable in helping with your outreach needs.
Here is my small business capabilities fact sheet: http://bit.ly/sqGrjB, and if you would like co-collaborate with a business opportunity, I’d appreciate hearing from you by requesting assistance here> http://bit.ly/oqcoE9
Thanks for reading and your time spent honoring and hiring our veterans or other small veteran-owned firms across this country of ours will not go unrewarded.
Sincerely, Alice M. Fisher, Owner of Unlimited PR & Associates, LLC
- A Woman Veteran-Owned Small Business
- T: 240-620-2002
- Company background: http://bit.ly/rpnZXE
Share This With Your Friends!
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- “Can We Live on USA Made Only?” Interview
- To Write or Not too Right?
- Holiday Shopping| E-tailers | FB Apps & More
- A Perspective on The Economy
- Newsweek Magazine to End an Era of Print
- Types of Blogs, Blog Resources, List of 200 Blogging Sites & Platforms
- The Power of Good News; One Person at a Time.
- News about Flurry: New Tool to Track Mobile Ad Campaign Storm
- Facebook Launches WordPress Tool
- The Penny Press in France & Le Petite Journal Illustre
- All Things Twitterfied
- Where to Find Archives of Newspapers (Online)
- List of Journalists Using Twitter
- Hire a Veteran!
- Plastic Bags? Ban ‘em? Tax ‘em? Yes? No?
- September 2014 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (3)
- December 2011 (1)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (1)
- March 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (1)
- June 2010 (5)
- May 2010 (2)
- March 2010 (2)
- February 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (3)
- December 2009 (3)
- October 2009 (6)