Hello to my friends, colleaques, Twitter followers and blog readers.
That picture to the left is of me when I was a very young USAF service member (laughing at the hair, glasses or fashionable business suit is allowed-Gads). That’s an Autovon 490L Switching System.
There are more than 26 million veterans in the US. And, I am one of the 6 million women who served our country. I served in the USAF in a technical capacity right after the Vietnam war had just ended (more stats here). As you can see in the photo, I was the only female in my training class. I had to wear men’s cotton fatigues, shirts (and boots) which had to be starched each and every single day. Check out the shine on those boots! After I graduated from tech school, I was shipped to England for a few years, where I was one woman out of about 90 men working at small communications switching site in England. A great deal has changed since those early days.
But, I do believe the women of our time who served, learned early to work hard with the hope of contributing and making it in a tough environment. Below are some statistics about our veterans.
- Dept of VA stats on veterans http://www.va.gov/vetdata/Quick_Facts.asp
- Stats on our women vets,http://feminism.eserver.org/workplace/women-in-the-military.txt
- Stats about Vietnam http://www.veteranshour.com/vietnam_war_statistics.htm
Over the course of my life, I have continued to expand and hone my career relative to communications in some form or another as the times have changed. And, I have adapted with the changing times.
Since signing up on Wordress, I’ve been providing a plethora of user generated content about social media and communication related topics for a couple of years now, because I really want to help people.
With the economic downturn , this recession is a tough environment to find jobs, and doubly tough for veterans as well.
I’d appreciate it if you’d consider hiring a veteran, as well as work with other small Veteran-owned businesses. We really do know how to get the job done, and we are mission oriented.
I am willing to provide consulting, 1099 and sub-contract support. Heck, at this stage I will simply take a few good hours of solid work to advise other small businesses.
With a few hours of my time, I can be invaluable in helping with your outreach and social media strategy.
Share This With Your Friends!
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Media Trends 2015
- Podcast Production Tips
- Podcast Trends & Women in Podcasting
- Facebook & Twitter Newsy Trends
- Hacked US GOVT = Not So Safe Social Media?
- Communicating Change – Spring Contest
- Is Radio Dead? Enter Podcasting!
- Is Your Creativity Dead?
- AP Style for States Abbreviations
- “Can We Live on USA Made Only?” Interview
- To Write or Not too Right?
- Holiday Shopping| E-tailers
- A Perspective on The Economy
- Newsweek Magazine Ends an Era
- List of 200 Blogs
- August 2015 (3)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (3)
- September 2014 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (3)
- December 2011 (1)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (1)
- March 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (6)
- July 2010 (1)
- June 2010 (5)
- May 2010 (2)
- March 2010 (2)
- February 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (3)
- December 2009 (3)
- October 2009 (6)